Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are an iconic Australian brand. We are looking for a temporary FP&A manager to be based in Sydney for 8 weeks starting immediately.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be primarily responsible for leading and managing the Company’s annual forecasting and budgeting in this role. In addition, you will be required to work closely with the leadership team as a business partner.
Forecasting and Budgeting:
• Responsible for the annual year budget planning and estimates taking ownership of the budgeting and landing cycle process for senior management, the board and shareholders,
• Provide assistance and direction to Business Heads where needed in preparation and review of their forecasts.
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of forecast and budget to management team and shareholder and alignment with global guidance.
• Develop supporting continuous improvements to Global forecast processes.
• Working closely with Sales, Marketing and the Leadership Team to become a value-added strategic business partner.
• Analysis of business KPIs to enable enhanced business decision making.
• Lead pricing, category and competitor performance analysis and provide insight on emerging trends.
• Champion the adoption of new company tools to simplify processes and drive process improvement to identify the "why" in management reports and providing ad hoc advice to business managers using problem solving and research skills.
• Communicate monthly results to business managers on the drivers affecting the brand, including review of any significant variances to forecast.
• Work with the CFO to identify value added opportunities and any potential risks or opportunities within the business.
• Highly motivated and energetic, you are enthusiastic and a self-starter.
• You work well under pressure and adhere strictly to deadlines.
• You are self-confident, have a high degree of personal presence and a positive attitude.
• You have excellent organisational skills and prioritise effectively.
• You are results oriented and embrace change initiatives.
• University degree (economics, finance or accounting majors preferred).
• CA, CPA or CFA professional qualification (preferred).
• Excellent financial modelling skills and experience.
• High levels of proficiency in key Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Strong systems affinity (ERP, Cognos, Salesforce.com, other BI tools knowledge a plus)
• Analytical and interpretative skills to present important analysis in easily digestible forms.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across all mediums.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence team members.
• Process improvement experience appreciated.
• Previous experience within the Retail Industry will be highly regarded.
• Minimum of 5+ years relevant experience