- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 27 Apr 2017 10:12
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- $520 / day
- Level of Experience
- Consumer Electronics , Renewables & Environment
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Procurement / Supply Chain
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , Dutch (Nice to have) , French (Nice to have) , German (Nice to have) , Italian (Nice to have)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Identify companies that comprise the supply chain for flexible solar panels equal to or greater than 50 watts sold in EU market. Flexible solar panels are comprised of a polymer sheet which "sandwich" solar cells. Conventional solar modules (1 x 1.6 m² and >250W with glass front sheets) and small solar panels (<10W, integrated into backpacks, etc) are not in scope.
The goal of this project is to map out the companies in the supply chain of these panels, from panel integrator, through distributors, to end sales points (online and retail). While many end-sales points buy from Asian manufacturers and distributors, the focus should be on manufacturers and distributors located within the EU and surrounding countries.
- Outline of supply chain for flexible PV modules sold in EU market, showing the names of manufacturers, distributors, and end sales channels for the majority of the market.
- Outline has links showing relationships (and ideally volumes in MW or $) between each company.
- Remote work and online meetings are fine.
Experience in photovoltaics - understands how a PV panel is build and how it works.
Experience setting up distributor sales channels for consumer electronics and similar (nice to have).