- Project status
- Project posted
- 5th January 2016
- Project duration (approx.)
- 300.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- €800 / day
- Environmental & Waste Management
- Area of expertise
- Required market experience
- Czech Republic (Essential) , Hungary (Essential) , Poland (Essential) , Romania (Essential) , Russia (Essential)
- Consultant location
Background & Objectives
"Regional coordination and support for the EU – Central Asia (CA) enhanced regional cooperation on Environment, Water and Climate Change“ Project aims to further develop and ensure effectiveness and visibility of the EU-Central Asia Water, Environment and Climate Change dialogue and cooperation, in particular through the EU-CA Water, Environment and Climate Cooperation platform, aimed at improved policies, increased capacities and enhanced regional cooperation, both between the EU and Central Asia and within Central Asian region.
The key-experts will carry out activities aiming at:
- sustaining and developing dialogues,
- developing capacity of regional and national stakeholders through training and policy advice,
- strengthening links between the EU and Central Asia while increasing awareness among specific target groups on climate change, water and environment.
The project is expected to start on the second semester of 2016 and have a duration of 36 month, so indicatively it will take place from April 2016 until March 2019.
At least 75% of the project activities will take place in Astana-Kazakhstan (mainly), in the other Central Asia countries, and in EU and the pre-accession countries, as required.
The project will take place in Central Asia. Although experts from Eastern Europe could be an advantage, there is actually no nationality request.
Qualifications and skills
- A University Degree in biology or earth sciences or engineering or environmental sciences or public administration or international relations or law, or equivalent
- English is essential; Russian will be an advantage
General Professional experience
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of cumulated experience in institutional capacity-building in the fields of environmental governance and climate change related issues
Specific professional experience
- Experience in designing and delivering at least 5 training courses is required
- Minimum of 3 month cumulated engagement(s) in actions promoting environmental legislation in the countries of Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia, and/or EU accession countries will be an advantage