- Project status
- Project posted
- 15 Jul 2016 16:41
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- £12000 (fixed cost)
- Building Materials , Business Supplies & Equipment , Facilities Services
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Operations , Strategy
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , Hindi (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We offer head to toe protection to workers across industry verticals. We also have a range of safety products suited for the retail market or B2C customers. Our retail business is growing at a dramatic pace across the globe, and the sheer size of the population in India makes it an attractive destination for this business.
Our business in India has hitherto focused primarily in the industrial space and the retail market was untapped. Only recently we listed few products on amazon.in to serve retail customers and the response seems to be encouraging. Therefore we would like to tap this opportunity in a more strategic and methodical manner.
We therefore want a consultant to conduct some market research for us to look at the following:
1. Market potential and current market size of personal safety equipment in retail / B2C space, analyzed by:
- Key product categories
- Customer segments
- Cyclicality of business
2. Deep dive on channels of personal safety equipment for retail consumers– e-commerce, brick & mortar multi-brand retail departmental stores, specialized safety gear or similar stores, pharmacies etc:
- Key players and competitive intelligence around them
- Buying behavior of retail customers and segmentation analyzing
- Average expenditure on personal safety products
- Needs/ applications of products
- Key categories of purchases
- Points of purchase
- Brand preferences/ brand driven vs price driven
Report and meetings to outline your findings.
The research methodology should be a healthy mix of primary and secondary research. Primary research should target end customers, channel representatives and competitive intelligence.
A comparative study with other high growth regions like China, Middle East will be an added advantage.
Mid to senior strategy consultant with proven ability to complete similar studies in the past.