Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are one of Australia's most iconic fashion brands with strong international footprint and an omni-channel distribution network.
Our company is doubling in size over a period of 4 years, thanks to acquisitions and organic expansions, and we require a review and optimisation of our Logistics and Distribution operations.
We are looking for an experienced Logistic and Distribution Manager/Consultant to review and implement new/improved logistics procedures in order to maximise efficiencies within our global distribution network.
- Develop warehousing and shipping procedures to ensure maximum storage and distribution efficiency
- Investigates new/improved distribution centres and channels to maximise efficiency in terms of delivery times and develop alternatives where necessary
- Collaborate with the planning department to establish inventory control procedures to ensure maximum cost efficiency while meeting distribution requirements
- Review distribution and logistics services agreements and negotiate terms with third party suppliers
- Automate current processes across logistic and distribution with the support of IT tools
- Set-up quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency reports to monitor performance
- Minimum 7 years of working experience as a logistics manager with global companies
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to utilize logistics IT to optimize procedures
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects