- Project status
- Project posted
- 6th April 2016
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- $1000 / day
- Area of expertise
- Procurement / Supply Chain
- Required market experience
- Cambodia (Nice to have) , Indonesia (Nice to have) , Vietnam (Nice to have)
- Consultant location
- Mandarin (Nice to have) , Vietnamese (Nice to have)
Background & Objectives
Our client is advising a retailer on reducing the cost of buying low end private label casual shoes and is looking for a procurement expert to work with the team to achieve cost savings. Currently most of the shoes are bought from contract manufacturers with factories in China.
- finding new manufacturing sources outside of China that are capable of exporting to the USA, Europe etc.
- negotiating realistically implementable prices which are better than today’s China-based sources
Procurement experience from a large shoe manufacturer and knowledge of supply chain and lead times of importing into Europe and the US
Experience with sourcing in countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia.
Chinese or Vietnamese speaker is preferred
Likely start date is 18th April