Background & Objectives
We are about to embark on a research project and are looking for support in implementing it. It is a pressing task, as we have 8 weeks in total to complete the research. At this stage we are not exactly clear how much of the work we would like to outsource, but we want to find someone who will be able to work with us on it when the time comes in the next couple of weeks.
We have access to a database of 2,027 of the world's reservoirs that have some hydropower associated with them. For many of the reservoirs hydropower is the primary function; for others, it is a secondary or tertiary function.
Our task is to verify this data, and find out the following regarding each reservoir:
1. What is the company that owns the hydropower project associated with the reservoir, and who is the company's CEO and main point of contact
2. What is the nature of the hydropower activity associated with it? Is it the primary, secondary, tertiary function of the reservoir? What are the significant characteristics of the hydropower project (e.g. what is its installed capacity, generation and other key details)? We can provide some guidance on this.
It may be that we ask you to support on just the first part of the task, or possibly both, depending on our analysis of the data over the next few days.
Please can you include the following in your proposal:
1. Details of any relevant previous work you have done
2. Your availability over the next 8 weeks
3. Your hourly or daily rate for this kind of work
Some familiarity with the energy/water sectors would be helpful, but not essential.
Mainly we are looking for someone skilled with desktop research and able to find people and contacts within companies.