- Project status
- Project posted
- 13th April 2016
- Project duration (approx.)
- 1.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- £10000 / day
- Marketing & Advertising , Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Executive / C-Suite , Marketing & PR , Operations , Procurement / Supply Chain , Product Development , Programme / Project Management , Sales / Business Development , Strategy , Non Executive Director , Product Management
- Required market experience
- Germany (Nice to have) , Italy (Nice to have) , United Kingdom (Nice to have) , United States (Nice to have)
- Consultant location
- English (Nice to have) , German (Nice to have)
Background & Objectives
We are writing a report on current and future trends in the movie industry. Broadly there are two high level objectives and we would like to speak with experts to provide us information on these objectives. We would like to conduct a 1 hour call to understand:
1) Understand current and recent market trends
•Role of the studio vs distributor vs theatrical chains/TV in the process of delivering movies to the viewers
•What movies drive box office revenues (franchises / blockbusters / international movies / independent / local productions)?
•Window evolution for movies over time and likely future direction of travel
•How does the box office performance in 2015 compare to previous years?
2) Understand future market trends
•What was the impact of streaming video on demand and other viewing trends, and how will the movie market evolve over the next ten years - both from a view on consumer preferences and production (e.g. will most good actors and writers switch to TV)
•Are there new technologies coming in the next 5 years that are likely to change the industry
•What is the outlook over next three years given slate / pipeline and respective box office expectations?
We are primarily interested in the key European markets (in particular UK, Germany and Italy) . Ability to compare and comment on multiple geographies is preferable. We are also interested in the US market, particularly from the point of view of comparison to the European market.
Interviews will be conducted on an hourly basis. Therefore, please apply with a daily rate, that if divided by 8, will equal your hourly rate.
Information on the above topic area.
Understanding of current and future trends in the movie industry in the key European and/or US markets