- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 3 May 2017 13:39
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- $100000 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
- Area of expertise
- Operations , Programme / Project Management
- Consultant location
- Mandarin (Nice to have)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a manufacturing company with sites all across the globe.
We are looking for an Project Manager, ideally Mandarin speaker, with strong manufacturing/operations experience within Chinese market to support us with the execution of a site consolidation plan that is already in place.
The consultant will be working with an on site team, and will be asked to coordinate the resources and push the project forward based on the plan (i.e. all the transfers are done on time; updates are provided to the key management team; risk flags, issues to be resolved; everything is done in appropriate pace/quality according to plan).
The project will last for 6 months and is very likely to get extended (which will be discussed with the consultant in advance).
*Please note that we can cover relocation within SEA (only) if you're a great fit to the project.
• Communicate with business units, project teams to ensure in-time delivery, problem discovery and resolution, effective risk protection and management
• Work closely with plant managers to carry out the site consolidation actions, meanwhile maintain the normal production to meet customer demand with good quality
• Responsible for the overall planning of the relocation project, cost control, quality assurance and safety management during transition period
• Set up regular reviewing and monitoring report path among the project teams and ensure the rational allocation of resources to achieve the project objectives
• Organize team members, business representatives and related parties to report the progress to top management regularly and getting support from top management
• Responsible for the coordination and handling of major issues during the execution of the plant relocation project to ensure the project be on time
• Be responsible for other related works company or management assigned
• Travel will be required to support/execute the consolidation plan
• The deadline for completion of this project will be 1 year
*The deliverables will be discussed in detail with shortlisted consultants.
1. Rich experience and strong ability in project management for MNCs;
2. Good track record which means meeting the complete date and cost target;
3. Experience in factory consolidation or new factory establishment;
4. Fluent English and Chinese.
• The individual will report to VP Supply Chain and will provide weekly updates to Supply Chain VP and other Executives of Greater China