- Project status
- Project posted
- 13th October 2015
- Project duration (approx.)
- 20.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- £500 / day
- Non-Profit , Education Management
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Marketing & PR , Product Development , Programme / Project Management , Strategy
- Required market experience
- United Kingdom (Essential)
- Consultant location
- United Kingdom
Background & Objectives
We are a leading academic institution looking to develop an executive masters programme in philanthropy and social entrepreneurship. The design phase of the programme will be completed by April 2016 when programme proposal forms will be submitted for internal approval at the university.
In this context, the project leadership would like to address the following questions:
1. What does the landscape look like today? What is the extent and nature of existing teaching provisions in postgraduate degree programmes (standard and executive programmes) and short courses (customised and open-enrolment) in philanthropy and social entrepreneurship by universities and other providers in the US and the UK?
2. Who are our target students? What are their key characteristics and needs? Is there a core student and if so what are the other student segments?
3. What sort of course will they do? What is the set of learning experiences/courses and qualifications that should be offered to each segment?
4. How confident are we they will come? What market information exists to support the business cases for each offer?
5. What are the options for a social entrepreneurship incubator/accelerator? What are the major design choices? How can the Institute add greatest value?
The expectation is that the services would be delivered in form of a written report and presentation to the leadership.
Furthermore, the consultant would be required to provide continued support to the Institute in the form of meetings and informal consultations with the curriculum design team throughout the design phase of the executive masters programme (ending March 2016).
Ideally the consultant will have experience in Philanthropy, NGOs and/or Academia
The consultant will have experience at analyzing markets and making clear suggestions based on the research.