Background & Objectives
I.Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this role is to act as a strategic advisor and operations lead to the VP of Sales in developing sales strategies and tactics, builds and develops a team of performance management analysts, and proactively uses analytics to increase sales productivity.
The manager of sales strategy and operations reports directly to the Vice President of sales with direct leadership of business analysis, customer service, and inside sales (future).
• Sales Strategy
• Proactively work with senior sales leaders to identify growth strategies for teams, geographic regions, and market segments. Guide leaders in prioritizing strategic initiatives based on impact to revenue and sales productivity. Have responsibility and accountability for driving implementation and execution of approved growth initiatives.
• Provide data-driven insights to senior sales leaders to help exceed quarterly performance goals.
• Lead special strategic projects for the VP of Sales.
• Sales Operations
• Data management. Sales operations managers help sales leaders pick and choose which data to examine. They also make sure data is clean, accurate, and complete (not to mention organized and rolled up into reports, ideally via a centralized and automated database).
• Platforms and systems. A sales organizations CRM and other platforms or applications must be integrated, robust, and cost effective. The goal is for these assets to deliver value to the sales team in a scalable, flexible fashion.
• Reporting and administration. Sales leaders and the sales force dont have much use for data thats raw, inaccurate, or untimely. Efficient processes and accurate reports and dashboards enable sales leaders to respond to market challenges and drive revenue growth.
• Pricing and contracting support. Given the pace of business, its imperative that sales operations enable the sales team with high-quality proposals that can be turned around quickly and efficiently. Contracts must be positioned competitively; however, they must also fulfill company and customer objectives and establish mutual value.
• Analytics and business insight. Intelligent analysis of raw data can be invaluable for sales leaders: Which customers are most receptive to certain products? What are the best practices of top-selling reps in the organization? Analytics from sales operations can provide answers to these kinds of questions and help sales leaders base decisions on facts, not intuition.
• Lead generation and management. Many sales teams complain that leads from marketing are often useless. Meanwhile, marketers insist they’ve fulfilled their lead-generation objectives. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. The sales operations function can make generating, capturing, and following up on leads a seamless, cost-effective, and collaborative process.
III. Education and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum Qualifications: Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative field. MBA/MS in Finance, operations management, strategy, or advanced analytics. 2-5 years total experience in Management Consulting or in B2B Sales Operations, Sales Finance, or similar function. Logical thinker able to balance long-term strategic viewpoint with tactical execution. Must be a clear and concise communicator with superior presentation, writing, and listening skills. Effective command of Microsoft Office and SalesForce required.
• Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with Sales/Service clouds and reporting in Salesforce.com. Experience in direct B2B sales. In-depth knowledge and experience in the Laboratory Instruments industry is highly desired, but not required
• Estimated travel is 20% domestic and international
• Position is based in East Greenbush, NY (Albany, NY area)