- Project status
- Project posted
- 28th June 2016
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £240 / day
- Logistics, Supply Chain & Storage , Import & Export
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Operations , Procurement / Supply Chain , Big Data / Data Analytics
- Required market experience
- United Arab Emirates (Nice to have)
- Consultant location
- Saudi Arabia
Background & Objectives
Our client is looking to recruit a team of consultants (experts) on annual contract basis who operates on its premises as full time employees. The team to be working on Export information related topics such as; Markets & Industries, Export Environment and Strategy & Planning
The objective is to support our client by developing; market research & reports, economic analysis, International benchmarking, develop and/or enhance services and information products, supply chain information, international trade policies and to provide consultancy for exporters
Consultants are expected to add a significant intellectual value by their joining to the entity, brining expertise, educating & training local talents all along their stay at our client. Export Intelligence’s target audience falls into five segments:
1) Registered exporters (clients)
2) Internal stakeholders
3) External stakeholders (gov.)
4) Service providers
5) The public
The mandate is to provide each of the target audience segments with insights related to exports tailored for each segments.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFILES:
1) Expertise in WTO policies, protective measure, non-tariff barriers of trade, tariff regimes.
2) Capability to develop a matrix that highlights KSA position (for each industry) across different markets and how to best utilize WTO to access markets.
3) Assess the impact of any new Free Trade Agreement (FTA and/or RTA that KSA may consider.
4) Capabilities to draft product list protected/released proposals, Rules of Origin (RoO), general provisions for potential FTAs.
5) Study and analyze domestic and foreign trade data to develop information and guidance for client businesses.
6) Evaluate economic, market and other factors affecting trade within an industry or geographic area.
7) Contribute to development of trade strategies and positions. Coordinate functions related to government-involved trade events. Meet with business and industry representatives to provide export counseling.
8) Provide research and other assistance to senior specialists working on trade development programs or negotiating teams.
9) Generate complete and technically sound work products. Ensure that controversial questions, external conflicts, administrative problems and similar matters are discussed with the supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in international Business, MBA desirable, proven experience in WTO related field would be a plus,
INTERNATIONAL MARKET RESEARCH PROFILE:
Extract and analyze primary and secondary marketing and/or sales data (including identification and appropriate use of data sources) to understand market size, growth, treatment patterns, pricing, geographical opportunities, and competitive environment within the pain market.
1) Expertise in international trade research, analyze markets/industry based on their trade behavior.
2) Local market research to identify most potential export product.
3) International market research to identify export opportunity, involving complex primary and secondary data (including identification and appropriate use of data sources).
4) The researcher is responsible for moderately complex trade development and analysis assignments.
5) Determine primary market research design and execution (including vendor/project management when appropriate).
6) Collect, synthesize and analyze market information from a diverse source of secondary data, as well as web-based data sources.
7) Support strategic decision making with co-marketing, and co-promotion analysis
8) Support ad hoc marketing research needs/consultation on questions/issues not normally falling under the scope of traditional product-oriented marketing research analysis
Bachelor’s degree in Business, MBA desirable, 3+ years qualitative and/or quantitative market research experience
1) All candidates must hold an academic degree from a reputable institution. Degree, experiences and professional certificates have to be sufficient to fulfill the particular role relative to positions’ field.
2) The five specialties that are required in this RFP (Economist, GSC…) not necessarily means five different people to occupy them. Candidates who masters two specialties are preferred, in total, if the five areas of expertise can be covered by three individuals is very good.
3) Experts shall not be isolated from each other, specialties shall be common between the team where two people could both elaborate in specific area of expertise. Collaborative working nature is critical.
4) Candidates should master MS software i.e. Excel skills (Macros) and PowerPoint proficiency.
5) Research and analyze economic issues
6) Conduct surveys and collect data
7) Analyze data using mathematical models and statistical techniques
8) Interpret and forecast market trends
9) Prepare reports, tables, and charts that present research results