- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 1 Mar 2017 17:03
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- $800 / day
- Level of Experience
- Building Materials
- Area of expertise
- Consultant location
- United States
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Our client is a private equity firm who is in need of an immediate, full time, on-site (est. 60% Arkansas/40% North Florida) interim Safety, Health and Environmental professional. The engagement will be for a period of 90 to 120 days, while management recruits a full time SHE leader.
1. Lead and directly or indirectly support, on an interim basis, Safety, Health and Environmental program initiatives for the 2 locations
2. Lead and support management in the implementation of recommended CAPA from 2017 SHE Assessments at 2 locations, including:
a) Development (or elevation of existing best practices) and implementation of enterprise level SHE program procedures, forms and training materials which can be used by both locations) (list of priorities in assessment reports)
b) Establishment of SHE KPIs and routine publication and review of SHE performance with employees at all levels in the enterprise, as part of employee and management meetings.
c) Establish with management and facilitate a Employee SHE Committee (Arkansas).
d) Support and coordinate execution of the Arkansas restart project in all aspects of employee SHE training and onboarding, facility readiness reviews, and operational SHE supervision and coaching for safe behaviors during restart operations.
e) Lead joint operations review of Lock Out Tag Out practices and identify and implement improvements.
f) Support Florida management in the development of a modified Safety Incentive Program, per recommendations in the assessment
g) Define and implement enterprise processes for compiling, trending and analyzing SHE data and establish and lead on an interim basis a SHE continuous improvement framework
- Senior safety, health and environmental professional with extensive experience successfully leading and implementing new programs, processes and employee engagement strategies, and in leading continuous improvement. Safety leadership experience is required.
- Must have experience in industrial manufacturing, with experience in saw mills or wood products manufacturing highly preferred.