- Project status
- Project posted
- 23rd September 2015
- Project duration (approx.)
- 130.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- £1500 / day
- Information Technology & Services
- Area of expertise
- Engineering , Information Technology , Programme / Project Management
- Required market experience
- Singapore (Essential)
- Consultant location
Background & Objectives
The job takes place within the software team. The product developed by the team has received increasing commercial interest. Due to the demand, we will need to take this product to another level, scaling it up to the order of thousands of nodes and beyond.
Project will take 3-5 months.
Company is based in Singapore.
Preference is to get the project done remotely.
Geographic market experience is not required.
Budget is negotiable.
The job in general will be to work on the scaling aspects. The candidate is expected to work with CEO and CTO to provide expertise in planning , estimating and designing the system according to the industry best practices. This also involves creating technology road map system architecture and manpower planning.
The scope covers not only general aspects of distributed computing, but also heavily in the usage of GPU technologies. Several key areas have been identified where we believe the GPU platform will be able to contribute significantly, not only in traditional areas such as imagery, but also on our custom machine learning algorithms. We seek candidates with experience using CUDA especially on CUDA optimization and provide us with consulting to achieve our objectives. Familiarity with computer vision and machine learning is preferable for this role.
The candidate is expected to be competent in managing and planning for a C++ programming and CUDA projects, and work with CEO and CTO to plan the project. We value candidates with strong technical competencies and some desirable skills are:
· Any Bachelors with coursework in programming and mathematical subjects. Masters/PhD are welcomed too.
· Significant development experience at least with C++ and CUDA projects.
· Experience or knowledge on distributed systems are preferable.
· Comfort working with linear algebra and probability theory.
· Good working knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly is essential.