- Project status
- Project posted
- 6th June 2017
- Project duration (approx.)
- 5.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- $400 / day
- Level of Experience
- Apparel & Fashion
- Area of expertise
- Engineering , Product Development
- Required market experience
- China (Essential) , Vietnam (Nice to have)
- Consultant location
Background & Objectives
We need to achieve cost reductions in the range of footwear we buy today. We would like to carry this out in 2 steps.
1. A bottom-up costing of representative samples of our products to determine if we are paying too much.
2. Determine if there is potential for simplifying our designs to reduce costs.
Bottom-up shoe costings split by volume of major materials, labour and overhead for made-in-China footwear production for about 25 different samples. Material estimates should take into account the yield from pattern cutting. Outputs should be delivered face to face.
Must have +5 years experience as a costing engineer in either a footwear brand or shoe supplier in either China or Vietnam.
The consultant should be able to commute to Shenzhen where the project will be based (office in the Futian district).