- Project status
- Project posted
- 6th June 2017
- Project duration (approx.)
- 5.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- $400 / day
- Level of Experience
- Apparel & Fashion
- Area of expertise
- Engineering , Product Development
- Required market experience
- China (Essential) , Vietnam (Nice to have)
- Consultant location
Background & Objectives
We need to achieve cost reductions in the range of footwear we buy today. We would like to carry this out in 2 steps.
1. A bottom-up costing of representative samples of our products to determine if we are paying too much.
2. Determine if there is potential for simplifying our designs to reduce costs.
Bottom-up shoe costings split by volume of major materials, labour and overhead for made-in-China footwear production for about 25 different samples. Material estimates should take into account the yield from pattern cutting. Outputs should be delivered face to face.
Must have +5 years experience as a costing engineer in either a footwear brand or shoe supplier in either China or Vietnam.
The consultant should be able to commute to Shenzhen where the project will be based (office in the Futian district).
Please note the off-line contract terms between Talmix and AlixPartners LLP supersede the agreement on the platform to engage Selina Xu.