Background & Objectives
We are seeking an experienced financial modeller to build a financial model to present to a handful of banks and debt funds to support a debt raising for a Management Buyout. The business is a small public sector software business, selling annual recurring licenses, along with some consulting (implementation) services and annual support and maintenance.
Historical management accounts, renewals schedules and business plan with assumptions will be laid out, with guidance throughout the project to be provided by the business and it's CF advisors.
The model build should be fairly simple, and the business is of low complexity. We expect the assignment to be completed within the space of a few weeks.
1. Work with management and advisors to agree key input assumptions for the model
2. Build integrated P&L, B/S and CF outputs in an easy to follow manner
3. Present key working capital assumptions, with ability to flex
4. Understand key accounting policies and model accurately (e.g. revenue recognition policies)
5. Model key scenarios & sensitivities as directed by management (base case vs stretch cases)
6. Model to include ability to flex funding structures (different loan classes incl. load notes) with appropriate covenant tests to be embedded
7. Overlay returns model for shareholders going forward (TBC)
1. Experience of building integrated P&L, B/S & CF financial forecasting models
2. Experience of building funding (equity and debt) structures into financial forecasting models
3. Experience of Private Equity type returns modelling