- Project status
- Project posted
- 18th May 2016
- Project duration (approx.)
- 36.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £300 / day
- Internet & Online Media , Information Technology & Services , Management Consulting , Private Equity , Market Research , Outsourcing / Offshoring , Staffing & Recruiting
- Area of expertise
- Corporate Finance / M&A , Finance and Accounting
- Consultant location
- United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Background & Objectives
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
MBA & Company connects freelance business consultants with companies looking for Expertise on Demand. We have selected 25,000 (and counting) of the world’s best independent consultants to help our clients with strategy, due diligence, business planning, market research and many other types of projects. Our mission? To make it easy for companies to access global business talent in a fast, flexible and cost-effective way.
The Finance team are a small, agile, and vital component of the MBA & Company family. With no two days being the same, we work with a number of cross functional internal teams such as sales, marketing, delivery, product and technology to provide invaluable insights which help shape the company’s strategy and growth. We provide detailed insight to our external Board, and we are advocates of both financial integrity and discipline across the firm.
We are innovating in an industry that is in desperate need of a shakeup and have been growing year on year with the support of top tier venture investors. Similar to all marketplace businesses, a robust finance function is integral to our success and as Finance Manager, you would be contributing to the planning and development of our continued growth.
What makes Finance so exciting at MBA & Co? The chance to collaborate, get involved, and really dig deep in to the company’s performance in order for us to find ways to work better, smoother, and more effectively. This is a significant opportunity to really add value to, and advice, both internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting directly the Finance & Strategy Director, this role is perfect for someone who is very hands on and can work autonomously in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
We are looking for someone who can ‘roll up their sleeves’ as the role will vary day to day from book keeping through to financial modelling as well as helping with longer term strategic decisions relating to the finance function.
This role offers unparalleled opportunities to drive your career and help build an effective finance function from the ground up. We offer the freedom to shape your role and exciting career progression opportunities as we continue to grow.
ABOUT MBA & Co:
MBA & Company has selected 25,000 of the world’s best independent consultants to bring Expertise on Demand to business decision makers. Technology is used to manage the process from specifying project requirements, through matching with the best consultant’s right through to creating a contract agreement making it fast and cost-effective to discover consultants whenever you need them. It’s why companies like Pfizer, Pizza Hut, trainline and many more worldwide are changing their way of working with consultants. MBA & Company was founded in 2009 by Daniel Callaghan, is based in London, UK, and is backed by some of Europe’s foremost Venture Capital firms.
This is an onsite office based and permanent position based in London Bridge.
• Assist in building strong financial reporting, integrity and discipline across the company
• Ensure all financial transactions including invoices, purchasing, expenses, and cash are accurately recorded, and adequate controls are enforced across the company
• Assist in preparing monthly management accounts and information for internal stakeholders as well as for our Board and prospective investors
• Support with ongoing budget preparation and forecasting across the business functions
• Build robust credit control /debtor management processes as well as implement ongoing working capital management and financing planning processes
• Continually monitor controllable SG&A costs, and prepare and review trend reports with individual management heads
• Administer banking processes and monthly payroll as well as administration of tax returns (VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax)
• Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue
• Review and negotiate directly with clients on contracts and commercials
• Continue to monitor accounting, legal and broader industry guidelines / regulation requirements to ensure compliance
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, CA or equivalent) with relevant experience at a reputable accountancy firm in audit and / or transaction services who can bring a strong commercial perspective¬
• Commercially minded
• Exceptional analytical skills and very detail oriented
• Confident Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
• Experience using software solutions including accounting software packages or able to learn quickly on how to use these tools
• A powerful communicator with a collaborative approach and the desire to contribute across the business
• Hard working and willing to break through challenges to meet tight deadlines
• Comfortable negotiating contract terms with suppliers and clients
• Previous experience at a start-up or growing B2B business
• Specific experience working with Salesforce and Xero