- Project status
- Project start date
- 20 May 2019
- Project posted
- 8 Apr 2019 13:46
- Project duration (approx.)
- 30 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- US$800 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- On-site in United States
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity company who has recently acquired a new business. The company is a decision making software platform that unifies Business Intelligence, Performance Management and Predictive Analytics.
We are looking into setting up a more professional channel structure for the business.
We need to get off the ground with some basic structures including finding partners for implementation and reselling.
We are looking for a consultant with experience of setting up and helping execute a partner program.
1. Channel Architecture:
- Channel partner segmentation should align with market segmentation – match the profile of the partner with the characteristics of the market they are charged with penetrating
- The comparative cost of channel sales (COCS) should be a significant factor in selecting the proper coverage model – there must be a balance between level of investment and ROI.
2. Channel Management:
- Manage channel partners as an extension of the direct sales force
- Partner programs must be fair, competitive, and performance-based, but must also be reassessed regularly to be certain that they are still accomplishing their intended objectives
- Processes between the supplier and partners must be streamlined to eliminate delays and non-productive effort – automate and directly interface systems where possible
- Be “easy to do business with” but expect results and manage costs prudently
3. Channel Enablement:
- Recruiting of partners should be given as much care and management attention as recruiting of new salespeople
- Partner salespeople are the supplier’s representatives in the market and must be provided with the same level of training that direct salespeople would receive
- A formal cadence of communications is essential to ensuring alignment with partners
Partners should be an active participant in new product launches and enabled with training and collateral well in advance of launch
4. Channel Execution:
- Formal joint planning and agreed objectives should be a major channel management priority, as well as regular monitoring of performance against the plan
- Channel partner relationships must be “win/win” and focused on mutual success and trust
- Channel conflict must be addressed openly to instill trust and honest communications
- Demand pipeline visibility where possible as being critical to healthy forecasts and resource management. In return, provide support to key sales opportunities
- Leverage the channel for competitive intelligence
We need consulting support to scale up the business and build and execute this program. The role would report into the Head of Channel Management. We see this role beginning as a consulting piece, 2-3 days a week, then phasing out to more of an advisory role. We are unsure on the exact duration of the project
- Worked in the software space
- Designed channel management programs previously
- management consulting experience
- Proximity to Boston, MA