- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 7 Jan 2016 14:36
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1600 / day
- Non-Profit, Consulting
- Area of expertise
- Change Management, Operations, Project Management, Non Executive Director
- Consultant location
- United States
Objectives and Key Deliverables
A leading NYC-based foundation has engaged our client (a management consultancy) to support its partners in:
- building a 21st Century skills-based labor market for middle skills job seekers
- design / test those services / tools to connect job seekers with employers
- training to support their preparation for in-demand, fast-growing and good-wage industries
Project Scope includes:
• Overall strategy to ensure impact in achieving systemic changes for middle-skills talent markets in pilot locations
• Jobseeker toolkit: Shaping, developing and launching a pilot program using digital tools and human navigators to help
middle skills jobseekers more effectively discover, train for and land an in-demand job in growing industries
• Employer toolkit: Developing and piloting a ‘toolkit’ to support employers in a transition to a skills-based talent and hiring
Overall day-to-day project management for the whole effort, with primary ownership of the Overall Strategy workstream and targeted problem-solving support for the Jobseeker Toolkit workstream.
Consultant will oversee project with (3) full-time Consultants, with a part-time consulting Partner leader.
Experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, either at the Associate/Consultant or Project Manager/Engagement Manager level (1-5 years consulting experience minimum).
Experience and passion for working in/with public sector or non-profit organizations.
Experience designing and/or implementing large strategy refreshes or organizational and operational transformations
Exceptional skills: project management, interpersonal, problem-solving, oral and written, particularly strong story-lining
Enthusiasm for working on big problems that matter to society and building real solutions that will work on the ground.
Experience that could be helpful includes:
•Work in talent, training, education, or workforce development
•Education technology or employment technology
•Product and/or service design
•Crafting training and fostering networks of practice
•Designing, developing, and implementing new operating models
Consultant must be US-based. Primarily virtual project location with some travel (particularly in January-March) to Phoenix, Denver, New York, and Washington, DC.
3 - 6 month opportunity, full-time commitment.