Objectives and Key Deliverables
The client is evaluating the potential acquisition of a company in the automotive parts industry. In connection with this they are looking for an engagement manager/project manager who will manage a team of three (him/herself and two analysts) in planning and conducting a commercial due diligence.
- A model of the market to be used for market sizing.
- Conduct interviews and desk based research to understand the market/industry but also to get input for the market model
- Estimate of market size (very important according to the client)
- Develop options for how to go to market, including a recommended/preferred one, in order to increase market penetration
- Conduct analysis/benchmarking to create an understanding of competition, supply chain, NWC etc.
- Having planned and managed commercial DD processes
- Good understanding of logistics and production (a good understanding of the automotive parts industry is a nice to have, not a must)
- Ability to provide thought leadership (draw the main conclusions from the data collection and analysis, the "so whats" in terms of what it all means for the client in relation to the target company - the client commented that he expects the engagement manager to understand more than the client team when the DD process is over)
- Preferably Swedish speaker (but not a must)