Objectives and Key Deliverables
Our portfolio company produces organic and conventional Shea butter as well as personal care products and aims to be an innovative leader in the global Shea sector. The current process of manufacturing Shea butter is semi-mechanized and this has produced low output volumes.
In the bid to mechanize the production process in order to increase output, a new facility has been acquired to scale up production operations from the current c. 100MT per annum of Shea butter to over 1,200MT per annum by 2019.
We wish to engage the services of a firm/Consultant to manage the design of an updated process flow and to oversee and implement the set-up of new equipment and the plant with the following objectives:
1. Review and understand the current production process and identify areas for improvement
2. Develop the process design criteria; Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment sizing and process safety management procedures
3. Mechanical/Electrical specification: layouts for infrastructural and equipment modifications, construction and plant wiring
4. Installation of equipment and ancillary components, its support structures and connection to the rest of the plant
5. Set-up should be in line with international best practices to facilitate certification from ISO
6. Project Management: Project monitoring & weekly reporting, design coordination, labour utilization, cost estimation and scheduling
1. Full scope of works, resources required and timelines for completion
2. Work schedule outlining the detailed designs & technical specifications and a detailed cost assessment
3. Detailed reports on a predetermined basis including report on cost incurred up-to-date to monitor project progress
4. Detailed operational and maintenance manuals as required for aspects of the plant operations