- Project status
- Project start date
- 19 Feb 2018
- Project posted
- 22 Jan 2018 12:34
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £700 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Operations, Strategy
- On-site in United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a UK based Transportation Company working on a rail franchise bid and are looking for a Station Operations Specialist. The consultant would work onsite in our London office alongside our bid team for 6-7 months for 4 days a weeks starting from 19 February 2018.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Each Customer Experience position will have a specific remit of thematic components (see below) and will play a pivotal role in the development of our Customer Experience Strategy and the associated initiatives. We will be developing our Customer Experience Strategy to meet the requirements of the client, the DfT, and in their work all members of the team will contribute to that strategy.
This role encompasses staffing and management of stations that modernise the customer experience; visible, helpful and proactive customer facing presence; station presentation standards and management.
OBJECTIVES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
• Work with other teams to draw together the holistic Customer Experience at the station and interface with Customer Engagement and On-Train experience
• Produce proposals for staffing and management of stations that will modernise the customer experience at this touchpoint whilst maintaining a visible, helpful and proactive customer facing presence
• Develop plans to ensure that stations are clean, presentable and well maintained on a day-to-day basis to meet the customer expectations and SQ targets as set out by the client
• In collaboration with the Customer Technology and Stations team develop a plan to ensure the right mix of technology, infrastructure and people resources on stations to facilitate the easy use of the station providing ticketing, information and assistance to customers
• Develop plans for achieving the NRPS benchmarks for stations
• Operational, revenue protection and security requirements (e.g. train despatch, gateline management)
• Station accessibility management
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
• Good understanding of the railway industry and franchising is desirable
• Project management experience is desirable
• Experience of deploying change within organisations
• Good understanding of rail franchise operations, in particular station operations, franchise agreements and rail regulations surrounding customer service and consumer/accessibility rights.