- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 9 Oct 2015 13:24
- Project duration (approx.)
- 1 Day
- Budget (approx.)
- £1400 / day
- Consumer Goods & Services, Consulting, Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing, Retail
- Area of expertise
- Procurement, Strategy
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Our client here, a leading strategy consulting firm, is looking to set up expert interviews with Logistics/Supply Chain experts from international hard goods retailers (companies of interest include - Metro, Ikea, Tiger, Action, Poundland, H&M, Maisons du Monde etc).
A one hour expert interview covering the following topics:
• What are the challenges of logistics and supply chain regarding international expansion?
• How do companies manage international expansion from logistics perspective?
o Open additional warehouses locally in countries and ship to it directly from suppliers
o Open local hubs in countries and ship to it from a central warehouse
o Ship directly from suppliers to stores
o Any other models
• What are the main dimensions to look at before deciding which model of logistics to choose?
Experience as a senior international logistics professional within a hard goods retail firms in Europe.