Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a boutique advisory business that has been mandated by an international Donor organisation to help establish a small Impact Fund.
The purpose of the Fund will be to provide grant money (cheques of $50k - $100k) to start-ups and early stage businesses in a post conflict state. The objectives of the Fund are to promote the growth of the private sector, support job creation and act as a catalyst for the development of an entrepreneurship driven ecosystem. Please note the Fund is not a returns driven fund.
The deliverables we have been mandated to produce include:
- a Powerpoint presentation that maps out the vision and the high level Fund objectives, operations, procedures, governance structures, decision making, monitoring and reporting of fund activity and performance
- a Standard Operating Procedures Manual that provides detailed guidelines on the management of the Fund, from sourcing opportunities, to evaluation, diligence, portfolio monitoring, reporting including the procedures, processes and templates that should be used in practice
We are seeking the support of a consultant that has previously worked on a similar project or in a similar type fund. Specifically, a consultant that can provide us with relevant material based on best practice, processes, templates that have been used in the creation of similar funds.
For example, the operating procedures manual should include the following:
- Grant and applicant criteria, conditions and restrictions
- Templates and processes for grant application with assessment scorecards
- Terms and conditions for grant recipients
- Governance structure and decision making processes
- Procedures for AML and KYC
- Procedures for ongoing monitoring of portfolio and reporting to Fund Donors
- Procedures for recourse and recovery if grants are being used inappropriately