Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity firm merging two manufacturing companies in the US and need to bring in a VP Transformation to focus on executing a play book of global manufacturing initiatives including, but not limited to:
- manufacturing site assessments
- global footprint optimization
- plant floor transformations
Our ideal candidate will have a consulting background with experience in business transformations in a global manufacturing company focused on plant floor- supply chain and procurement focused candidates are less interesting. They will also need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes well-founded points-of-view on critical issues without being abrasive.
- Hands-on: Ability to manage the detail as well as step back and see the bigger picture / strategic imperatives.
- Thinking / Visioning: Able to adapt to any market or commercial context and identify the profit maximizing strategy.
- Collaborative: Charts the course with colleagues, but let’s others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion: Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Honesty / Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right,
not what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully, and does not try to sweep “bad news” under the rug.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard, long hours to get a difficult job done.
- Follow through on commitments: Lives up to forecasts, verbal and written commitments.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.