Objectives and Key Deliverables
Our portfolio company is one of Africa's leading modular construction businesses. Following a successful project to turn-around our local sales in 2015, we are now turning the spotlight on our Africa export business. We therefore need to look hard at the African market for modular construction -
• What is the market outlook for the modular construction industry across the African continent for sales and rental in terms of sales, units, likely customer types and likely major customers and predominant technical requirements?
• What is the competitive landscape for modular construction across the African continent? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key competitors, what are their technical capacities (production / rental volume and key product characteristics)?
• What therefore are the key markets where we should focus based on market attractiveness, competitive dynamics, ability to serve, historic strengths, current customer location?
• How strong is the company's market knowledge and how effective is their B2B marketing and sales?
• Approximate market outlook for sales and rental of modular construction units across the continent, with more detail in the target markets?
• Competitor outlook covering both quantitative (production outlook, fleet size, capacity, price point, technical specs) and qualitative (current branding, marketing, customer satisfaction)
• Qualitative assessment of the effectiveness of the company's B2B marketing and sales and practical actions to improve
- Experience of B2B sales and marketing is key
- Knowledge of the construction or related industries is helpful
- Experience of the African continent - especially Francophone Africa - is key
- T1 strategy consulting experience very helpful