- Project status
- Project posted
- 28th October 2015
- Project duration (approx.)
- 5.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- $1500 / day
- Oil & Energy
- Area of expertise
- Required market experience
- Congo (Essential) , Congo, the Democratic Republic of the (Essential)
- Consultant location
- Congo, the Democratic Republic of the
Background & Objectives
We're looking for an expert mining engineer with suitable experience in the extraction of open-cast mining operations (copper/cobalt experience or other bulk commodities preferable) for a 5 days project for a copper cobalt mine in Democratic Republic of Congo.
The expert is required to provide an independent input / sense check on translating a client’s mine plan into recommendations for the equipment / fleet size required and the FTEs required to deliver on the mine plan.
- Expert mining engineer with suitable experience in the extraction of open-cast mining operations (copper/cobalt experience or other bulk commodities preferable).
- Must have suitable knowledge of typical mine planning and extraction processes but with specific knowledge on fleet capacities and FTE requirements to achieve open-cast mine plans.
- The desired candidate will have a minimum bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering and 15 years’ experience.
- The engineer should be based in Congo or Africa. In the latter case, he/she will need to make 1-2 trips to the mine in Congo.