- Project status
- Project start date
- 1 Apr 2018
- Project posted
- 17 Jan 2018 14:18
- Project duration (approx.)
- 10.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- $520 / day
- Level of Experience
- Logistics, Supply Chain & Storage
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Operations , Programme / Project Management , Strategy , Business / Process Transformation
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , Spanish (Essential) , German (Nice to have)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a German logistics company with subsidiaries all around the globe. For our unit based in Mexico we are looking for support through a highly strategic management consultant to come in as a project manager in order to analyze, develop and implement a sustainable operational & organizational structure and hence improving overall profitability of the business.
Kick-off of the project will be April 2018! Hence we are looking to contract the consultant no later than March 30th.
The external consultant needs to:
- Complete process mapping in order to gain full transparency of current situation
- Look for synergies and develop a plan to improve efficiency, eliminate bureaucracy and reduce costs between the different Business Units and administrative areas (including Shared Services)
- Centralize processes that will focus on the requirements of the internal and external clients (customer focused organizational structure)
- Set focus on internal and external clients, where we are able to generate maximum value for the organization in order to improve the results of the region
- Identify key areas of improvement in order to gain competitive edge
- Improve capabilities to offer competitive prices and integral logistics solutions (including transportation and warehousing)
- Define hiring strategy to attract high quality talents with low turnover
- Develop a plan to reduce overhead costs
- Define a lean organizational structure with target reduction of 20% headcount / 10% costs
Please note the first phase of the project will be the analytical and strategical part and needs to be finished within the first 6 months. The consultant will than be asked to implement the strategic transformation plan (+4-6 months).
I M P O R T A N T:
The day rate is an indication and our aim would be to make the compensation fully success based. The more you save the higher the potential compensation. This part will be up for discussion during our initial consultant sourcing phase but we would like you to pick up on this in your proposal, e.g. define a variable and fixed ratio of your suggested rate.
- Proven track record of business transformation & cost saving projects
- Top tier management consultancy background
- Logistics experience!!!
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to define new and interactive customer communication
- Willingness to implement strategic plan and accept compensation based on performance