Objectives and Key Deliverables
The client´s current web/e-commerce and order entry systems (in-store sales and fulfillment of web orders as well as in store orders) are custom built and were implemented by the client in 2015.
The web/e-commerce system and the order entry system are highly interdependent, i.e. the Web and CMS solution integrates tightly with the back end order entry system making the two systems in essence, one big platform with complex interactions between them (the "Platform").
The Platform requires specific development for every customer. The development capacity is at risk of becoming a bottleneck, which would slow down the client´s time to market when developing new consumer services on the Platform.
Hence, the client wants to identify, analyze and evaluate alternative Platforms for the future to be able to plan ahead.
The client wishes to conduct the work in two phases:
1) Identification, analysis and evaluation of web/e-commerce systems on the European market, and
2) Identification, analysis and evaluation of order entry systems on the European market
The client wants to initiate phase 1 immediately. The evaluation should target web/e-commerce systems relevant to the client´s business and be conducted during May/June. Depending on the results of phase 1, the client will then decide if and when to proceed with phase 2.
The output from phase 1 should include:
- an overview and description of the web/e-commerce systems available on the European market today
- a client specific analysis and evaluation of each such system, including:
- the financial model associated with the system,
- the expected requirements for the system (e.g. openness,
scalability, ease of programming vs the platform/API,
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) ,
- the time required for adaption and implementation of
The client is looking for an experienced analyst with a good understanding of software in B2C e-commerce.