- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 20 Oct 2017 11:20
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- €1260 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Engineering, Information Technology, Operations, Project Management, Business Process Optimisation
- Consultant location
- German (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are an internationally operating German automotive part supplier with headquarters North Rhine-Westphalia. As such, we develop and manufacture lighting, electronic components and systems among other products for the automotive industry.
Currently one of our production lines is underperforming and not reaching the required production targets for our foldable radio keys. Currently it is only meeting 67% to 73% of its output targets.
The production line was built in 2010/2011 by Paro (CH) and modified by ZBV (DE) 2015/2016, when approx. 10 of 50 modules were modified and 1 new module was added. Machines are operated with Siemens SPS 7 software and all other business processes are in an SAP environment.
We are urgently looking for a team leader to guide the process from initial assessment to actual changes on the production line. There is a chance to either bring your own team members on board or add professionals to the team via Talmix.
The team needs to analyze the existing modules in the production line, identify critical parts and prioritize all measures that need to be taken to achieve the target production output. Once the analysis of the production process is executed, the team will – under your guidance - be asked to implement the agreed upon action plan, including the mechanical and electronical re-engineering of the production line and adapting the programming of the modules and machines involved.
Timeline of the project should be that the issue is solved within the next 3-4 months.
• Analyze existing production process
• Identify critical modules
• Define measures to improve production line performance
• Prioritize action plan and present to management for decision
• Implement all measures signed off by management including mechanical and electronical re-engineering and programming.
• The consultants must have experience with production line engineering and optimization
• Entire team required for the project
• Hands on operative experience
• Demonstrate know how in process improvement
• Strong expertise in guiding production and operation teams