Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a leading manufacturer of timber interior and exterior doors based in Barnsley, UK. We are looking for a consultant to deliver further improvements to our current manufacturing process and identify the ideal equipment set-up. The consultant will be required to lead the overall manufacture process engineer function across the business promoting best in class principals and techniques.
We are looking for the consultant to promote best practice manufacturing internally and identify significant cost reductions in our overall manufacturing process. Specifically, the consultant will promote and identify major improvements in the full end-to-end manufacturing process.
Ideally, we're looking to on-board this consultant by the beginning of October.
* Organise, implement and help maintain a best in class production process flow
* Identify cost savings across the process and support in implementing these initiatives
* Support in developing standards and processes including relevant documents and ensure all standards compliant
* Identify operational issues which affect production and report and recommend solutions
* Liaise with key production planning team members to ensure products
* Analyse relevant manufacturing data to improve the process and measure progress to achieving targets
* Identify areas for production cost reduction for example new process, more efficient machinery or equipment
* Work closely with in house technical department to ensure new products to be added to manufacture are designed for excellence, manufacturability and assembly
* Act as a key point of contact with key suppliers and train relevant team members on new processes. Help establish a training and quality culture
* Proven track record in process engineering and senior level experience in Quality, Engineering and / or Manufacturing
* Continuous improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology experience, Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Expert qualifications would be an asset
* Engineering degree in industrial/process engineering or equivalent experience desirable
* Flexible approach and willingness to travel on a regular basis
* Extensive understanding of engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing
* Demonstrable experience applying Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), process mapping and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
* Excellent project management and report writing skills
* Strong communication skills and ability to influence and manage others