- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 23 Jan 2018 16:55
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £535.71 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Market Analysis, Change Management, Information Technology, Project Management, Accounting and Finance
- Consultant location
- United Kingdom
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Company - International Energy Company
The Lead IT Advisor for Finance is accountable for optimal demand management encompassing strategy, projects and operations, and building a team of IT advisors that support the Finance Business Interface. This is a key role in the BI ensuring that Team Cohesion, External Lens, Challenger Mindset, Strategic Thinking and Value Generation are performed to the highest standards.
The key focus areas of the role are:
- Team Cohesion - Lead the organization and facilitation of cross-team activities
- Demand Management - Understand the Business and Industry landscape, including strategic priorities, challenges and how this relates to the wider enterprise strategy and competitive landscape
- Resource Management - The Lead IT Advisor will coordinate the deployment of the pool of IT Advisors based on the opportunities coming through demand management,
- Team Management - Line Management of the pool of 12 IT Advisors for Finance including performance management
- BI Ways of Working - Lead IT advisor is accountable for implementing cross portfolio ways of working
- Innovation - The Lead IT Advisor will work with TaCIT to manage to the funnel of innovation opportunities and ensure these are properly assessed through demand management.
The IT Advisors are typically responsible for;
• Relationship management
• Business intelligence
• Integrated Business and IT strategy
• IT Portfolio Management
• Value Generation
7 to 10 years in corporate IT with prior IT management experience.
Typically manages multiple large business units
University Degree related to IT
- Ability to understand business imperatives, challenges, needs, and to use that understanding to align IT colleagues along the business value proposition, so that both IT and the business begin to think and act in alignment.
- Ability to engage business leaders, understand the business strategy and clarify the role IT can play in maximizing delivery against the business plan.
- Previous experience identifying and maturing business IT opportunities.
- Commercial mindset to enable constructive dialogue with business on the value of opportunities.
- Creative thinker that easily adopts new business models, ways of working and can champion and drive implementation.
- The pooling of IT Advisors is a new model for Finance IT and the transition to this way of working will require strong change management by the Lead IT Advisor.