- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 11 Oct 2018 15:40
- Project duration (approx.)
- 2.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- €1000 / day
- Oil & Energy
- Area of expertise
- Programme / Project Management
- Consultant location
- Dutch (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are an investment firm that focuses on growing businesses. We invest in exceptional businesses and support managing teams through strategic change.
One of our investments is a major service provider in the Oil and Gas industry based in the Netherlands.
Within the business there was no standardised method of comparing and calculating different projects at different sites. This meant there was difficulty comparing and planning the budgets and dealing with any issues that came up.
The business has developed a "work breakdown structure" that solved this issue. With the work breakdown structure the business can now successfully plan scopes of projects, manage delays faster, look at spending efficiency, and comparatively analyse projects once complete.
Though this work breakdown structure has been built, is has not yet been implemented. Hence we require a project manager to lead and manage the implementation.
The project will consist of 3 key deliverables; 1) Ensuring the work breakdown structure is adopted across all sites to the same standard. 2) Understand and deliver reports on projects. 3) Create a compliance system to detect errors.
1) Ensuring work breakdown structure is adopted across all project sites.
- Implement project planning across all sites.
- Introduce new process to all users on site (project managers, supervisors & planners).
- Embed and secure process in the project organisation.
- Align internal process documentation and practicality on site.
- Identify and address possible system issues to ensure a smooth process.
- Ensure correct and consistent use of process.
- Ensure all users register correctly according to the work breakdown structure.
- Ensure (on-site) calculation of additional work is done in line with the work breakdown structure.
- Ensure all users update progress per activity on a weekly basis in MS Projects.
2) Provide support understanding report analysis
- Support users in understanding and using results / progress analysis from PowerBI.
- Be the link between person responsible for PowerBI and site team to improve analysis to reflect users’ requirements.
3) Create compliance system to detect errors or incomplete use of process at any early stage
- If a user incorrectly uses the process or there is an error, the compliance system will automatically detect and report the issue.
- Ideally the consultant will be able to build and implement this, however it may be possible to plan the compliance system and hire an IT expert to implement it.
------The Ideal Consultant------
The Ideal consultant will be a skilled project manager who knows how to quickly gain rapport and manage multiple teams across multiple sites. It is essential you have a background in processes and contracting. It would also be beneficial if you have experience in finance and also in implementing IT systems (see deliverable 3).
You will need to be autonomous and be able to act as the point multiple stakeholders between HQ and the site - ideally you will have been a top-performing project manager in a management consulting firm.
- Experience in process implementation.
- Leadership skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Goal orientated.
- Know-how of MS Projects.
- Industry experience (process or contracting a must; oil and gas preferable).
- Can understand and explain PowerBI reports to users.
There will be travel between sites in the Netherlands.
We need this project delivered ASAP, ideally before the end of the year. Please apply with your rate and suggested duration for the project.
On completion of this project you will have delivered a crucial final step in ensuring that the business successfully manage projects across all sites, delivering a huge impact to all staff and business operations.