Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a leading manufacturer of timber interior and exterior doors based in Barnsley, UK. We are looking for a senior level consultant to drive further improvements in our overall Quality function as part of our Operations Stability Transformation Programme. The consultant will lead the Quality function and promote best in class quality principles and techniques.
We are looking for the consultant to take a proactive approach in driving exceptional quality standards and contribute towards a significant reduction in overall manufacturing costs.
Ideally, we're looking to on-board this consultant by the beginning of October.
Key project deliverables / outputs
The consultant will be responsible for ensuring improvements in in-house and supplier quality.
Ensure Supplier Quality and Integrity
* Leading the Quality function and working with key suppliers of raw materials and components to ensure high quality is maintained
* Selection and review of potential new suppliers ensuring they comply with quality and manufacturing control standards
* Carry out periodic reviews and audits of supplier quality to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements
* Monitor key supplier performance using specific metrics and lead supplier performance reviews with the team
* Key point of contact to deal with any supplier quality issues which impact production and functioning of the manufacturing process – ensure issues are resolved and identify areas for improvements / controls put in place to prevent further issues
* Identify best in class suppliers for any new products being launched
Ensure Robust In-house Quality
* Lead on-site to ensure quality across all manufacturing process
* Support manufacturing issues and resolve quality concerns – take immediate action in resolving issues and identifying processes / controls to prevent further issues
* Responsible for supporting manufacturing quality for new product development projects
* Monitor in-house quality standards using defined quality metrics and support regular production process reviews
* Maintain best in class customer quality shipping standards
* Assurance of the total build-up of products tolerance stack up
* Senior level consultants with a proven track record in Quality Assurance
* Engineering degree in industrial/process engineering or equivalent experience desirable
* Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology experience, Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Expert qualifications would be an asset
* Flexible approach and willingness to travel on a regular basis
* Extensive understanding of engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing
* Demonstrable experience applying Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), process mapping and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
* Excellent project management and report writing skills
* Strong communication skills and ability to influence and manage others