Background & Objectives
We’ve recently acquired a new client looking to take their business to the next level in India, from a brand with relatively good permeation of the market, but lacking the public awareness and use the client desires. We need to help grow the brand by increasing public awareness through developing a communications plan, a series of partnerships, events and content activations. Whilst the agency has experience of working in India, and lots of experience developing communications plans, content and partnerships, we need someone with the Indian knowledge to both inform our strategy, check our work and add the sprinkle of insight we need in the early stages of this project.
The turn around on this project will be quick when it starts, with the first comms plan being developed within a few weeks, and a 2 day offsite happening to ensure alignment between client aims and ours. This will mean initial audience insights will be required within 3-4 days of project commencement. We expect any candidate to be able to work quickly and relatively flexibly. We will largely feedback within 24 hours on any work provided.
To begin with, this project would be around 6 weeks, and require 2 days per week of your time - weighted towards the front 3 weeks of the project. There is potential for this to be extended.
We’re looking for someone with a marketing background who has extensive and detailed knowledge of the Indian market to help us grow a known brand into a loved brand. We will need knowledge of Indian market sectors including:
· Typical segments, size of segments, reachability of segments
· Typical marketing channels in India & knowledge of influencers/bloggers/media outlets that best fit various segments, most importantly a younger, tech savvy generation
An ideal candidate will also be able to present these sectors to clients, and take further questions around the contents, and therefore should be based in/near London.
We will also require ongoing support to ensure our strategy remains relevant to the market and insight on potential partner organisations and influencers.
- Experience of targeting Indian consumers and key channels
- Detailed knowledge of Indian consumer market segments
- Knowledge of Indian brands, media outlets and influencers (bloggers/vloggers & celebrities)
- Ability to present summary of key market segments and take questions
- Ideally able to travel to India should the need arise