- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 18 Apr 2016 12:12
- Project duration (approx.)
- 30 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- US$2500 / day
- Area of expertise
- Market Analysis, Strategy
Objectives and Key Deliverables
A global multinational corporation that provides communication technology and services is seeking a consultant/team of consultants to help them decide whether they should invest in a business development team to pursue ICT opportunities within Utilities, Transport and Public Safety industries in Bangladesh.
The consultant/team of consultants is expected to conduct market research and analysis in the sectors below:
· Energy and Utilities - smart metering & smart grid communications, customer and revenue management, asset and critical infra management
· Transport and Automotive- Connected vehicles & vessels, ICT infrastructure forroad and rail
· Safety and Security - disaster & emergency management; border area security, first responder networks
The consultant/team should look at below issues:
· Is the market attractive (size more than USD200M)?
· Can we take a significant share (>20%) of the market?
· Should we expect to close significant projects quickly (e.g. more than USD10M in orders booked in the first 12 - 24 months?
· Can a viable go-to-market strategy be implemented with a small dedicated team?
Candidate should have ideally worked in ICT sector and has knowledge of doing business with the mentioned industries in Bangladesh or has done advisory work in the ICT space as a consultant.
Please review the information herein and provide a response in terms of:
1. Proposed approach
2. Deliverables, timelines and costs
3. Evidence of your credentials:
a. Knowledge of global trends within these industries
b. Knowledge of doing business with these companies in Bangladesh
c. Case studies of similar projects you have completed