- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 14 Jun 2018 21:15
- Project duration (approx.)
- 10.0 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- US$640 / day
- Level of Experience
- Education Management
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Strategy
- Consultant location
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
A large, educational non-profit seeks a consultant to diagnose needs and opportunities to help high school students in Michigan identify and matriculate into employer-sponsored training programs for middle-skill jobs. Specifically, we’d like help understanding the context of the opportunity relating to two areas:
1) What are opportunities/challenges facing employers in Michigan for hiring high school students into training programs for middle-skill jobs?
2) What are opportunities/challenges facing high-school graduates in Michigan matriculating into employer-sponsored training programs?
The consultant would work with the our organization's strategy and Michigan partnerships teams to interview students, employers, and training providers during the summer and fall of 2018.
• Overall report documenting:
o Context of landscape for employers and students in Michigan
Ethnographic study sharing several student stories in depth
o Summary of challenges/opportunities
o Evidence to validate or refute key product hypotheses
o Recommendations to maximize impact of products on organization's mission and to make products financially sustainable
• 3-4 problem-solving sessions with key organization staff where consultant will share initial findings and interview notes in order to iterate on and focus work
• Raw interview notes from all interactions
Must have experience in education and qualitative research.