Background & Objectives
We are a global telecommunications vendor and we are in the process of developing worldwide business with a top operator.
The CTO will join us to enable this growth, by engaging with the client and internally supporting the adaptation of our business to the client's technology and operations.
The CTO will work for around 10 days per month - to be agreed in advance - both on-site (UK) and off-site. Travel is estimated to be quarterly, but subject to the needs of the business.
The project's kick-off is estimated for February 2017 and the interviewing process should take 1-2 months.
*Please note that the company will not relocate or cover T&Es for this role; make sure you apply only if you're eligible to work in the UK.
Major objective is to develop business relationship with a targeted telecommunication operator (which will be disclosed and discussed in detail with the selected consultant).
1. Engage with C-level executives on major telecommunications strategic and solution topics
2. Manage the business development relationship, in line with the company's strategy and solution positioning
3. Team-work with Sales team, Product Line teams, commercial teams, delivery teams and also with other sales people in countries where there are overlay sales teams to achieve the annual sales, revenue, profit and shortlist targets
4. Analyze and evaluate operator needs and project feasibility and make the mid-term/long-term marketing strategy
5. To oversee and sign off presentations, initiate workshops, form solutions and join negotiations with telecommunication companies
6. The person will be expected to grow relationships within their assigned area to deliver business and to increase areas of alignment with business development plans, product roadmap and blueprints
7. Ensure that the solutions provided are able to be delivered and achieve checkpoint on this
1. ~15 years experience with Telecom operator and/or equipment vendor (at least 5-year experiences with telecom operator)
2. Deep understanding of strategic trend of telecommunications industry, including business trend and/or network evolution trend
3. Expertise in at least one of the following areas: VAS, Cloud and IT network, wireless network, fixed network (fixed access and/or transmission), core network; cross-area expertise is an added advantage
4. Existing relationships within an operator highly desired and preference will be given to those who have worked in a similar role
5. Able to travel to various countries