- Project status
- Project posted
- 2nd February 2017
- Project duration (approx.)
- 50.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- €640 / day
- Level of Experience
- Financial Services
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Strategy
- Required market experience
- Netherlands (Essential)
- Consultant location
- Dutch (Essential)
Background & Objectives
A bank is the Netherlands considering the opportunity to support its merchants in their European expansion by proposing them acquiring services in various countries. The cross-border acquiring strategy of the Bank is focused on debit and credit card acquiring.
Three markets have been identified as key priorities for the development of acquiring business and will be analyzed. These three market are Belgium, Germany and France.
Given the specificities of each market, the Bank wants to conduct a study on acquiring business for each of the three markets in order to define the best acquiring strategy by market and to determine a go-to-market plan that allows a quick time to market and to take local rules and regulations into account.
Client has the following objectives:
• Having a clear overview of the terms and conditions are applicable for the bank and the merchant to accept card payments (offline and online).
• Define for each of the 3 markets an acquiring strategy and formulate a go-to-market plan that allows a short time-to-market and optimized costs in part
The consultant will collaborate with acquiring experts on the team where needed.
The analysis will cover topics such as:
• Market analysis for each market
• Go-to-Market Strategy Formulation for each market
A workshop will be facilitated by with the objective to have a knowledge transfer on acquiring in general and to present the deliverables from this project.
• Strategy consultant (MBB background)
• Dutch-speaker (fluent/native level)
• Experience in financial services (desirable)
• Experience in Acquiring services (desirable), available 4 days per week for 12 weeks project run time