- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 2 May 2017 15:25
- Project duration (approx.)
- 8.0 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- $24000 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Pharmaceuticals , Human Resources
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Human Resources , Procurement / Supply Chain , Big Data / Data Analytics
- Consultant location
- United States
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a global recruiting company looking for an expert to support us in assessing the holistic contingent/services workforce strategy for a specific client (large pharmaceutical company), and then helping us understand how this strategy could be applied to other clients in other industries.
The individual should have significant experience in Procurement Consulting, with a specific focus on Contingent Labor, Professional Services and other BPO spend categories. The goal is to understand the current state process for our pharma client, reviewing the available data sets across multiple categories of spend, and helping us craft a data strategy that enables deep analytics that serve as the basis for a buying channel strategy.
We want to identify segments where additional value can be unlocked, and set up a process to make the collection of data sustainable.
We will provide the consultant with online access to data covering 1-3 years of transactional activity related to the acquisition and utilization of temporary (T&M and SOW based) labor. Additionally they will have access to the clients PO level data, in order to help us uncover the broader opportunities.
We will ask this consultant to have a fresh look at the information and help answer questions including, but not limited to:
1) How do we set up a sustainable process to action the multiple data points that help drive towards an optimal buying channel strategy?
2) How would we set up an optimal “Guided Buy Process”, that serves as the conduit to the buying channel strategy?
3) Where is the sourcing strategy efficient and inefficient?
4) Where are there opportunities to migrate T&M activity to outcome based services - and vice versa?
5) Which areas appear to have the greatest waste within the visible processes?
6) What additional data sets should we collect, and what insights would be available in return?
Additionally, the consultant would be responsible for creating an executive level presentation deck for a mid-June client meeting, with a focus on deep analytics and opportunities to drive value.
The ideal consultant will have experience working on both HR and Services Procurement related projects – either as part of a procurement team or through consulting engagements.
We envision this being a 6-8 week effort, and the project can be performed remotely (our preference is for consultants based in the US to avoid major time zone differences). We will get this kicked off as soon as we identify a consultant who is the right fit.
powerpoint deliverable (15-20 slides)
Provide a summary analysis of the contingent labor strategy based on history of transactions;
Identify good practice between the different business units;
Focus on value creation across five specific dimensions: resourcing strategy, demand management, commercial outcomes, and supply market perspectives.
Human Resources and Services Procurement experience required;
Management consulting/market assessment experience required;
Strategy consulting from tier 1 firms is preferred;
Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred;
Specific focus on purchased labour strategy preferred.