- Project status
- Project posted
- 7th March 2016
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- $900 / day
- Financial Services
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Corporate Finance / M&A , Finance and Accounting
- Required market experience
- Canada (Essential) , United States (Essential) , United Kingdom (Nice to have)
- Consultant location
- English (Essential)
Background & Objectives
We have life insurance and asset management operations in three countries (Canada, US & UK) and are interested in making acquisitions to increase our overall scale as we grow organically.
This individual will drive the execution of merger and acquisition projects from idea generation and evaluation phase, through the bidding and negotiation processes until the closing of the transaction.
• Lead initial talks with the internal business teams, due diligence review and coordination, analysis and review of key transaction issues, presentation of key business/legal issues and financial impact of the contemplated transaction to senior management, negotiation and successful completion of a pipeline of transactions
• Build financial models and conduct pertinent research of potential acquisition targets
• Lead planning processes that evaluate multiple scenarios and structures for acquisitions and strategic investments
• Contact for incoming inquiries and outgoing communications with key stakeholders of prospective acquisition targets
• Understand and maintain relevant market data and analysis
• Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate contacts including investment bankers, private equity professionals and corporate development officers
• Some travel will be required
Identification of acquisition targets and financial modeling to support decisions.
8-10 years of M&A experience in the financial services sector; preferably within life insurance and asset management.