- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 22 Dec 2016 16:24
- Project duration (approx.)
- 2 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- US$4000 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Area of expertise
- Business Process Optimisation
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , Spanish (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Derived from a reorganization of the Mexican Business Unit of a global FMCG, we integrated two areas into one Forecasting & Tracking team which provides inputs for the following:
• Short-term business management (rolling volume forecasts, etc.)
• Demand Planning of raw materials
• Medium and long-term infrastructure / capital planning
We believe there are efficiency opportunities (e.g. simplify current work and challenge old practices).
The objectives of the project is to assess and optimize the efficiency of our current S&OP processes (including streamlining our set of reports) leveraging process reengineering methodologies and ultimately recommend “to be” processes and team structure required
The project will be located in Mexico City. Based on our previous experience, we will need a consultant onsite for interviews and deliverables presentation. Travel and expenses will be covered at cost.
The consultant will be working with two Executives, including a former management consultant, who will provide limited guidance.
Estimated delivery time: ~2 weeks. Project starts in January 2017
We have launched a simplified activity survey and have a rough understanding of the roles and task dedication of each team member.
We are now looking to receive a report that includes:
• Assessment of current S&OP team efficiency by evaluating, with a proven methodology, the processes, activities dedication (reports, etc.) and structure of the team
• Recommendation of a “to be” state design, with new streamlined / simplified processes, including key enablers (tools, technology, etc.)
• “To be” S&OP team structure
- Experience in optimization of S&OP functions or alike (MUST have)
- Experience with methodologies like AVA, Lean, Operational Excellence, etc.
- Ex-consultant, ideally from top strategy firm or Advisory practice of Big 4
- Likely level: Strong Associate (need to work independently, understand and map business processes, provide bold recommendations and strong communication skills)
- Native Spanish speaker + English