- Project status
- Project start date
- Project posted
- 29 Jan 2019 14:31
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$300000 (fixed cost)
- Area of expertise
- Procurement, Business Process Optimisation
- On-site in Australia
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity backed office supplies business undertaking a transformation programme and require someone to lead on the procurement side covering SKU rationalization and international sourcing efforts.
This role will be reporting into the CEO but working with senior stakeholders (e.g. VP Procurement) to ensure that the transformation is being executed across the organisation. There will be a dotted reporting line to the private equity operations team as well who are responsible for creating and monitoring the value creation plan.
We are looking for someone who has a management consulting background with experience working on procurement focused transformations.
We require someone who has the right to work in Australia already and is willing to spend 4 days on site in Sydney.
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes well-founded points-of-view on critical issues without being abrasive.
- Hands-on: Ability to manage the detail as well as step back and see the bigger picture / strategic imperatives.
- Thinking / Visioning: Able to adapt to any market or commercial context and identify the profit maximizing strategy.
- Collaborative: Charts the course with colleagues, but let’s others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion: Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Honesty / Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right,
not what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully, and does not try to sweep “bad news” under the rug.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard, long hours to get a difficult job done.
- Follow through on commitments: Lives up to forecasts, verbal and written commitments.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.