Objectives and Key Deliverables
Background - The client is an international leader in the provision of industrial services to the energy and natural resources sectors, offering a range of multi-disciplinary services which includes access systems, insulation, refractory linings, painting, coating, blasting, environmental services, training and assessment.
Within Australia, the client is the market leader, with a focus on LNG projects. The market has experienced substantial growth over recent years on the back of a major expansion in LNG assets across the country and Management is seeking to diversify into new areas where the business unit can utilise its strong management team, infrastructure and resources.
Objectives - The objective of the project is to identify a small number of high quality acquisition targets that can be approached for preliminary discussion.
Scope of work - The proposed project scope is as follows:
1. Identification of a long list of potential candidates based on the search profile and conduct basic research on the long list candidates
2. Meeting with Management to refine candidates to a shorter list
3. Undertake deeper research into short list candidates, including identification of contact details for candidate decision makers
4. Potentially act as an intermediary for initial contact with short listed candidates
Exclusions - This is a consultancy project to identify and research targets. M&A advice and due diligence input is not required. However, depending on the outcome of the project the consultant maybe be requested to continue assistance during the execution phase of any potential acquisition process.
Location of Work - Australia
- Principally seeking an Australia business with a multi-state operation
- Potential to consider targets with Asia presence
- Preference for businesses in the industrial space (oil & gas, mining, power sector, LNG)
- Target is to add new capability such as mechanical contracting, electrical & instrumentation
- A$100-500m revenue
- Seeking to appoint a consultant within next 2-3 weeks
- Chosen partner will then undertake meetings with Management to better understand scope and target profile
- Long list to be presented within 30 days
- Research on shortlist candidates to be completed within 15 days of management meeting