Objectives and Key Deliverables
*This 6 month project is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
**The daily rate is not indicative of client’s budget. Please submit a bid that feels right for your experience level.
A large TMT company is hiring talented big data professionals for a new initiative in Jakarta, Indonesia. The client needs support with monetising their data that comes from their core business. The client is looking for people with agile, nimble mindset who preferably come with start-up experience.
ROLE: Data Engineer
A critical member of the Big Data Analytical platform development team – he/she will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of the ETL (data integration) jobs for ingestion and transformation areas of the data pipeline. The individual will work on one or many product teams at a time. He/she must have very strong communication and analytical skills and an ability to work as part of an agile team (product owner, developers, etc.) at the interface with traditional IT, where he/she interacts with the data architecture group to gather system knowledge necessary to execute his/her tasks.
▪ Work with Product Owners to help them leverage data solutions in their products
▪ Connect analytical solution environment to various existing data platforms
▪ Building ETL jobs based on jointly defined requirements along the data pipeline
▪ Create the underlying logic and algorithm to make the software function according to design
▪ Supporting the bug fixing and performance analysis along the data pipeline
▪ Bring experience of Data Ware Houses and Data Lakes management on different platforms to development team
▪ Be a strong advocate for a culture of process and data quality across development teams
▪ Implement basic user interaction mechanism into the product
▪ Follow an agile development methodology
- Technical Expertise
▪ BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
▪ 6-10 years of experience on Big Data platform like Hadoop, Map/Reduce,
Spark, CouchDB, Hive, Pig etc.
▪ Experienced with data modelling, design patterns, building highly scalable
and secured analytical solutions
▪ Used SQL, PL/SQL and similar languages, UNIX shell scripting
▪ Worked with TeraData, Oracle, MySQL, Informatica, Tableau, QlikView or
similar reporting and BI packages
▪ Experience in frontend design and development would be a plus
▪ Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Agile Experience
▪ Experience working in start-up environment or organizations with an agile culture
▪ Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Individual Skills
▪ Good communication and collaboration skills and a strong work ethic
▪ Ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
- Mindset & Behaviours
▪ Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
▪ Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the role and has a strong sense of ownership