- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 8 Aug 2019 15:51
- Project duration (approx.)
- 4.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$800 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Operations , Procurement / Supply Chain
- Consultant location
- United States
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity backed building products distributor based near Dallas urgently seeking a Category Manager.
This person will be responsible for strategic management of designated categories including such things as performing RFPs, Supplier Selection, Supplier Negotiation, Analysis, Contract management and Process Improvements. The role will report to the Director of Domestic Procurement. Coverage is 34+ sites, with considerable Annual Total Spend (tbc). 20-25% of the time will be spent travelling.
- Driving cost savings and efficiencies by fostering strong supplier relationships
- Identify and lead Category Sourcing activities
- Develop optimal sourcing strategies & spend
- Develop & manage vendor relationships within supply chain, and ensure profitable negotiations through sourcing efforts & supplier negotiations
- Work in conjunction with Product Managers and Field Specialists
- Lead strategic sourcing cross functional teams to ensure lowest possible Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) within designated Categories.
- Conducts Category and Spend Analysis for respective areas of control.
- Act as market intelligence owner anticipating strategic opportunities and keeping key stakeholders informed
- Achieve targets for strategic sourcing activities, spend coverage, Fill rates and Benefits/Savings generation.
- Create Purchase Orders and Monitor/Control Order Processing from Purchasing Agents.
- Assess the market size, opportunities and life cycles for assigned product categories to determine strategy for product procurement.
We are looking for both interim and permanent options.