Objectives and Key Deliverables
NB: You must be based in Europe for this project (ideally Germany or Switzerland), however you will work remotely.
Background: Potential acquisition opportunity for PE fund.
Ask: Seeking industry expert for strategical due diligence support as well as potential operational role in the target company and/ or potential supervisory board mandate
Software for the credit approval process of (ideally, but not necessarily real estate) loans in lending institutions, such as e.g. banks or insurances, to retail and commercial clients; geographical focus areas are Germany and Switzerland.
1. Market development and underlying drivers/ trends (regulation, SaaS, legacy software vs. special niche software, online lending etc.)
2. Market penetration and expansion potential for lending software (ideally for real estate loans) within Europe - focus Germany and Switzerland;
3. Key software players (e.g. SAP, avaloq) in the market and their positioning incl. USPs;
4. Key purchase criteria and decision process from a customer perspective for (real estate) banking/ lending software;
5. Key due diligence criteria for the assessment of lending software: code quality, service contracts, lifetime of the software, customer churn rates, quality of sales force and support, etc.
6. Potential threats from online banks/ fintechs and new business models, e.g. software and service providers for back end solutions;
Looking for an expert to:
1. Give a general introduction about the industry (trends, value drivers, etc.), e.g. in the form of a one-day workshop;
2. Support the deal team during management presentations, expert sessions, etc. - output with key points/ issues should be a short PP-presentation (5-10 slides);
3. Potentially support of the deal team after acquisition via an operational role in the target company or potential supervisory board mandate
- General knowledge about the IT/software landscape for the credit approval process in lending institutions (e.g. banks), ideally incl. real estate loans, in Germany and Switzerland
- General sales experience for software to lending institutions, e.g. banks, in Germany and Switzerland, ideally incl. real estate loans
- Relevant expertise about the credit approval process of (real estate) loans in Germany and Switzerland (regulation, decision process in lending institutions, etc.)
- Ideally inroads into banks (e.g. regional or commercial banks) to key decision makers for software in Germany and Switzerland