- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 30 Dec 2015 16:42
- Project duration (approx.)
- 36.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- €850 / day
- Area of expertise
- Market Analysis, Accounting and Finance
- Consultant location
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Our client is a Utrecht, NL based leading global provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organisations.
The organisation seeks a Director of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence to lead the business management information strategy, requirements gathering, design of critical reporting / information, including the implementation of all technology required to support its data management, analytics and reporting functions.
As a Director of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence you master the art of identifying key gaps in management information and reporting, business analysis and insight, data collection and storage.
Link the corporate strategy to the business, by continuous reporting and measurement based on key business value drivers;
• Enable and facilitate our business with timely and relevant business decision-making information, which enhances and improves our overall business performance;
• Formulate and design the reporting suite for external stakeholders, C-suite, functional and operational units;
• Proactively define the top level questions and insights that various stakeholders should be asking, considering or observing about our products, customers, partners or platforms and design and implement information and data solutions to provide answers to these questions;
• “Shine a spotlight” on critical insights, findings and trends, by distilling from a large amount of data with high complexity into data simplicity, to ensure access to key business insights;
• Recruit, build and lead a new Global Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Team (who need to be centralised at a nearshore location in Europe);
• Respond to specific reporting and data requests from product, marketing, operations and executive teams with thoughtful analysis and strategic recommendations;
• Work with various internal and external stakeholders (including our Internal IT Department) to formulate a strategy to standardise data;
• Select and drive data access tools and reports, including optimised and recurring reports required by key stakeholders by working with internal/external experts;
• Define and implement the tools needed to establish a scalable BI organisation.
This is a permanent, Utrecht based role. The right applicant will have:
More then 7 years of managing and building business intelligence, data analysis, business strategy or similar processes in a similar position;
World class capability in information design, presentation and execution;
Ability to act on a strategic level and also able to design and execute;
Experience interacting with and presenting to the C-suite environment;
Exposure to M&A and/ or experience of working in a private equity environment;
Experience working in a commercial enterprise;
Deep and broad analytical experience in Big Data, Financial Services, Marketing, or a similar capacity;
Expertise in the use of query and reporting analysis tools and the ability to track and identify trends and relationships;
Deep experience with data analytics, data warehousing and data visualisation tools;
A Masters degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or Marketing preferred.