- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 28 Oct 2015 05:13
- Project duration (approx.)
- 5 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1500 / day
- Area of expertise
- On-site in Congo, the Democratic Republic of the
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We're looking for an expert mining engineer with suitable experience in the extraction of open-cast mining operations (copper/cobalt experience or other bulk commodities preferable) for a 5 days project for a copper cobalt mine in Democratic Republic of Congo.
The expert is required to provide an independent input / sense check on translating a client’s mine plan into recommendations for the equipment / fleet size required and the FTEs required to deliver on the mine plan.
- Expert mining engineer with suitable experience in the extraction of open-cast mining operations (copper/cobalt experience or other bulk commodities preferable).
- Must have suitable knowledge of typical mine planning and extraction processes but with specific knowledge on fleet capacities and FTE requirements to achieve open-cast mine plans.
- The desired candidate will have a minimum bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering and 15 years’ experience.
- The engineer should be based in Congo or Africa. In the latter case, he/she will need to make 1-2 trips to the mine in Congo.