Objectives and Key Deliverables
**Please note this is a permanent role in Singapore. If you are interested in short term contract role, let us know in screening questions below.
***Salary given is not indicative of client's budget. It's competitive for the right candidate.
A globally top 3 executive search firm is hiring a Researcher for their APAC team in Singapore. The Researcher is an integral member of the search team and will be involved in a wide variety of activities across the entire value chain of search from assisting Consultants in the identification of business development opportunities through the executive search process to the closure of an assignment. Consultant activities such as interviewing candidates and writing candidate reports do not form responsibilities of this role unless as part of the Associate in Training program (AIT).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of the Researcher can be summarized as follows:
• Search Process
• Be capable of formulating a compelling search strategy independently and contribute to its execution
• Produce comprehensive reports, which detail the relevant target companies, possible market sources and candidates for an assignment, and prioritize approaches appropriately
• Consistently identify and develop “best in class”, high quality, diverse candidate slates (both obvious and non-obvious) by:
• Utilizing extensive on-line and proprietary database searches to identify high quality candidates
• Approaching and sourcing key industry players, where appropriate, to develop a comprehensive market overview to help inform our clients
• Ensuring candidates are market-validated and sharing market insights gathered during the course of a project with internal and external clients
• Assisting Consultants in managing candidates throughout the search process
• Liaise with colleagues in other offices to fully leverage our global network by sharing ideas and best practices
• Collaborate with administrative support in the creation of content-rich, insight-driven client status reports
• Maintain the highest quality information on the database, including the timely and rigorous capture of insight gathered during the course of search work
• Business Development
• Closely monitor specific markets, using both research tools and business contacts, and highlight potential opportunities to support Consultants in the development of new relationships and broadening existing ones
• Conduct background research to create supporting material for pitches and client presentations, including value added market and client knowledge, alongside Knowledge teams
• Where appropriate, attend pitches and client meetings
• Knowledge Management and Sector/Practice Activities
• Work closely with Knowledge team to capture both search and non-search related information in our proprietary database
• Demonstrate real domain knowledge, insight and an informed view to support Consultants and enhance our standing in the market.
• Contribute actively to the development and propagation of best practices initiatives
• Introduce prospects to the firm as and when required – always aware of the need for identifying potential new hires
• People Development
• Participates in hiring, on-boarding and training new research hires
• Supports, develops and mentors more junior members of the team
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Bachelor’s degree from a respected institution
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to filter large amounts of information, quickly identify the salient points and provide relevant insights
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills, particularly the ability to interact credibly with individuals from all levels of an organization
• Excellent writing skills and ability to produce quality, well-structured documentation for clients
• Highly organized – outstanding time management and ability to prioritize.
• Strong proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Bright, smart, intuitive
• Intellectually curious and a quick thinker
• Able to develop and defend a point of view
• Demonstrates above average levels of scepticism. Knows when to question the status quo
• Drive and tenacity with the desire to excel
• Self-starter, who is able to meet deadlines while multi-tasking
• Forensic attention to detail
• Results focused
• Strong team orientation and collaborative instincts
• Sound judgement
• Culturally aware
Our company offers a variety of different career paths for researchers. The firm takes pride in the fact that, every year, a small number of researchers are promoted into the consultant ranks and we provide formal support in this process through the Associate-in-Training program. We also provide leadership opportunities to those who are keen to stay in the research ranks but aspire to get involved in broader initiatives around training, mentoring and contributing to the overall research strategy. Finally, our researchers have the opportunity to move into our knowledge team, which focuses on creating insight into industry and talent trends.